Saturday, June 16, 2012

Jessie

This is My Best Friend Jessie:

Grad Banquet-2009


Jessie and I have been friends since junior high and have had some pretty good times together.
She got her mission call this week and is going to be serving in the Vancouver Canada Mission.

I am so excited for her! I know that she is going to be a wonderful missionary, and that she is going to change many lives with her sweet testimony of the Gospel.

Jessie and I have been friends since we've been 14. We both knew of each other from other people but had never spoken to each other, because I thought she was insane and she thought I was a mute. (I was painfully shy until I was about 16) We became friends at a church dance when we both went outside to cool off. We ended up siting on the grass and talking for a few hours and haven't stopped talking since.


Grade 12
At efy. We look so young here!
Another efy photo.

Us at efy again. We were roommates that year and had a blast.

I have so many good memories with Jessie. One summer shortly after I had finished my freshman year of College we went for a swim in Lake Sundance while it was raining. We swam out to the bouys and talked for over an hour about of first year of university. Another favorite memory is the weekend Jessie and I went on a road trip to Edmonton. We had so much fun hanging out with friends and riding the roller coaster at West Edmonton Mall. When I was going though a very unpleasant breakup Jessie invited me to come babysitting with her. After the kids were in bed we ordered a large pepperoni pizza and ate it while we watched Elf. Doing that cheered me up a lot. This last semester Jessie skyped me one Sunday when I was feeling very stressed about finals. It made my week so much better.

I'm going to miss this girl to the moon and back when she leaves, but I know we will be able to pick up our friendship right where we left off when she gets home, because that's what best friends do!

At my 16th birthday party. This picture describes Jessie perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment