Friday, October 12, 2012

Edmonton Weekend

Every fall I take a weekend trip to Edmonton to visit my friend Rachel. It was a great weekend, but also a little bittersweet because it is the last Edmonton trip I will make for a few years as Rachel is leaving to serve a mission in Finland in January.

It was such a good trip. On Friday I drove out to Red Deer to spend the night and Jessie's house and then Saturday morning we drove to Edmonton. Since Jessie leave on her mission to Vancouver in a few days it was great to have so much time in the car just to talk about life. In Edmonton we went to West Edmonton Mall and rode the roller coaster that is inside of the mall. I consider myself to be a roller coaster person (is there such a thing?) so it was a real treat to get to go on it. We also went to the Relief Society broadcast, and loved it. We ended off our perfect Saturday at Dairy Queen where we stuffed ourselves full of ice cream.











 1. In front of the pirate ship
2. Me and Rachel in Galaxyland
3. Jessie and Rachel in Galaxyland
4. Tickets to ride the roller coaster
5. The 'Mind Bender' it was seriously so fun
6. The best photo of the weekend
7. A nice man offered to take a photo of all three of us

My only complaint for the weekend was that it went by way too fast. I loved see both Rachel and Jessie and I know that they are both going to be wonderful missionaries. We'll have to have another Edmonton weekend in two years when they are both home.


No comments:

Post a Comment