Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Temple For Calgary


I can't even put into words how excited I am about the Calgary Temple that is going to be dedicated in a week. It it so wonderful  that the House of the Lord is only about an hour away from my family's house. I've had the chance to tour the Temple 4 times during the open house and was also able to spend 10 hours last Saturday volunteering at the open house. It was seriously the best!

I didn't have time to take great pictures (because people read my blog because of my non-existent wonderful photography skills), but here's what I have:

My favorite Temple!
Tour entrance and a bathroom. Classy.
At the end of the tour we were give a water and a cookie. The water cups were sealed with a piece of foil that has a picture of the Temple of it. It was a really neat detail. 

The other thing that makes me want to burst with excitement is the cultural celebration that is going to be taking place this next Saturday. I discovered a new love for signing when I was in Jerusalem, so I decided to join Institute Choir when I moved back home. I was delighted to find out that the choir I had joined was going to be a part of the cultural celebration, and that I was going to get to be in a choir that will sing for the prophet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment