I love popcorn. It is by far one of my favorite foods, and I have recently discovered a wonderful invention called an air popcorn popper. It makes the most delicious popcorn ever, and I like to tell myself that it is healthier than microwave popcorn. One afternoon I was in full popcorn making mode and went to melt the butter to make the popcorn delicious. I Set the microwave for 30 seconds and hit start. Within 2 seconds the microwave had shut off. Undaunted I tried again only to have the same thing happen again. At this point I started to panic. How could I have popcorn without butter? How did people melt butter for their popcorn before microwaves were invented? Would putting the butter in the oven melt it, or should I use the stove top? At this point I became overwhelmed and yelled for my brother to come help me. I explained to him my dreadful predicament and he punched in 30 seconds on the microwave and hit start. The microwave did not shut off and my butter was melted. My brother thought I was a complete dork for being unable to use a microwave, but I got my buttered popcorn so I was happy.
The next day I came home to find a shiny new microwave in the kitchen. It turns out the microwave was actually broken. This renewed my confidence in my ability to operate a microwave and has allowed me to continue to eat massive amounts of buttered popcorn.